What Types of Loans Are Available for an 18-Year-Old?
Most of the time, one of the major requirements that must be fulfilled to be able to qualify for a loan is that the borrower is at least 18 years old. Though being qualified for a loan at 18, it is highly possible that application may be turned down for reasons like a lack of financial track record or employment history, among others. However, there are some loans that an 18-year-old can apply for, which include:
- Student loans
- Unsecured personal loans
- Secured personal loans
- Small personal loans
- Guarantor loans
- Arranged overdrafts
- Car loans
Loan Offer That Goes in Your FavorApply Now
Can I Get a Loan With No Credit History?
The answer to this question is yes. As you are not able to build up credit history before 18, it is highly possible that you have no credit history at all. In order to secure a loan, you need to apply with a cosigner.
Can I Get a Car Loan at 18 With No Credit History?
Getting a car loan without a credit history is possible. However, there are a few requirements that must be met, which include:
- You must be willing to make a down payment of about 20% of the vehicle’s selling price.
- The second option to qualify is that you will be required to present a guarantor to co-sign the loan for you.
Tips for an 18 Year Old Planning to Apply for a Loan
As an 18 year old, this is probably your first loan ever. As such, there are a few things that you must be aware of before collecting your loan. When getting a loan, be sure that you are ready to repay. To help make repayment easier you should do the following:
- Always have a savings plan. The purpose of this savings plan is to help you save towards repayment.
- Start by getting small personal loans. Don’t opt for bigger loans unless you have a stable means of repaying.
- Before you apply for a car loan, it is advisable to have a deposit.
- Before you pick a loan provider, be sure to do your research and ensure that they are reliable.
Should an 18 Year Old Apply for a Loan?
Before you take out a loan at 18, you should think carefully and be sure that you truly need it. Repayment can be an issue especially if you do not have a stable job or a source of income. However, if you have pressing needs, you may go ahead and apply for a loan.
How to Secure a Loan on Usbadcreditloans?
Since this is your first loan, it is advisable for you to go through a credible loan broker instead of a direct lender. USBadCreditLoans is a reliable broker that has partnered with a long list of lenders who will offer you a loan of competitive interest rate if you meet their requirement. Let us help you secure a loan from our partners in 4 easy steps.
Step 1: Complete the following form
Complete the form on the website with accurate information.
Step 2: Accept an offer
Our lending partners will evaluate your qualifications and make you offers. After receiving offers, you should evaluate them and select the one that best meets your needs.
Step 3: Sign the contract
You sign a loan contract with a lender who can provide you with the best loan.
Step 4: Get cash
The lenders will deposit money into your bank account as fast as they can once you’ve signed a loan contract, allowing you to meet your financial needs.
How much would you like?
What Are the Benefits and Drawbacks of Getting a Loan at 18 Years Old?
Getting a loan at 18 has its pros and cons. Let us look at its advantages and disadvantages. This will allow you to weigh your options and make your decision.
- It grants you access to financial assistance when you need it.
- It can help build your credit history.
- It can help you build a strong investment portfolio.
- Loans given to 18 year olds with no credit history are considered high-risk loans so the interest rates might be higher.
- Smaller loan amounts.